PET wide mouth fermenter 3 Gal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsahomebrewer

Reaction score
I brewed my first batch in a 6.5 gallon bucket, and it in carbonating now in bottles. But I got 24 16oz bottles and some more!!

So I want to scale down to 3 gallon fermenters for a smaller batch. Maybe just fill it with 2.5 gal wört. I want to brew more often with one set of equipment.

I searched forums as much as possible but could not find a definite answer (also including latest models) regarding which 3 gallon PET fermenter to buy??? Ideally I want a clear fermenter so I can stare at it all day long (on weekends). But I am open to something like a Speidel if it is really that much better.

Thanks for your input!!!

Any glass fermenters that are good? I am reading many reviews about them having inconsistent thickness that leads to cracking or shattering.

Thank you all for replying. Today I have decided to go with 1-gallon glass big mouth bubbler with spigot. Realized that 3 Gal would still give me about 30 bottles which is a lot for experimenting.

YES! Finally!
Thanks for noticing that. They must be brand new.

This spigot is better imo:
https://www.morebeer.com/products/plastic-spigot-bucket-sediment-block.html

I have decided to go with 1-gallon glass big mouth bubbler with spigot.
Where did you find this?

Thanks!
FYI "Big Mouth Bubbler" is a brand name and that's not what that is.

I don't find leaky spigots to be any problem, but I do test with sanitizer before I fill.

I currently have 4 ported Fermonsters

Last edited:
Thanks!
FYI "Big Mouth Bubbler" is a brand name and that's not what that is.

I don't find leaky spigots to be any problem, but I do test with sanitizer before I fill.

I currently have 4 ported Fermonsters

Wonder if the spigot you mentioned above would fit this fermenter.

Wonder if the spigot you mentioned above would fit this fermenter.
The spigot is one inch diameter, if that helps.

Looks like they also have 1 gal ported Fermonster, which I trust more than the Mr. Beer. Definitely getting a few of those.

Latest posts

Back