Perry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potatoe

Reaction score
anyone tried making this?

I hear that some very specific varietal pears are needed for this to work properly, But have not been told which. Any recipes would be appreciated.

I have a batch of pear wine going right now, not sure of the difference, but I used Kern's pear nectar and added 1 cup of table sugar per gallon(I have a 3 gallon batch going). There is High Fructose Corn Syrup in the nectar, and my starting gravity was around 1.088. I will let you know how it turns out. I am planning on racking it to another carboy in a week and will probably sample at that time. My intention is to sweeten with splenda once I am ready to bottle. This is a total experiment for me so I have no idea as to the result.

I will advise you yo try a small sample with it as i tried it and it gave my wine a weird artificial flavor. Ive read on this stuff and learned that over time the Splenda can be broken down over time and fermented so use k-meta and sorbate.

Back