Perlick Vs Intertap & do I need flow control?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddibbern5

Reaction score
I’m looking at faucets for my keezer & was about to pull the trigger on perlick 630SS. However after reading more I’m leaning towards the Intertap forward sealing ss faucets.
I know Perlick is always called the “gold standard” but Is it really?

Also should I spend the extra for flow control?
If I add flow control will I be able to plumb the shortest amount of tubing required to reach the keg? (i.e. much cleaner inside keezer?)

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
I have Intertap and really like them. I wanted forward sealing and the price is pretty good compared to Perlick. I can't speak to the flow control.

Remember, set the pressure to the carb level you want, balance that pressure with line length.

I use the 650ss (perlick flow control). I love them. They are upgrades to perlick 525ss. I would definitely get flow control, whatever the brand. FAR cheaper to spend a few bucks for them now, rather than tossing all your taps later for them. Ask me how I know :)

Thanks for the feedback passedpawn & jonnyrotten!
Tanstaafb thanks for the info! is this a black Friday deal?

I went with Intertap flow controls. Purchased from Ritebrew.
I've only had my keezer up and running for a little over a week and only have one faucet hooked up.
I don't have anything to compare them to but I'm satisfied with the Intertaps.

I use a Perlick flow control on my single tap keg setup, with only a 6 ft line. Pours perfect, no issues. Just ordered 3 more of them from Birdman brewing for my keezer build.

Latest posts

Back