Perlick tap shank spacers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently upgraded 2 of my taps to Perlick and they bring my handles back into the lid. Does any one know where I can get some thicker shank spacers (the back plastic piece)? Id prefer something stainless or better than plastic but at this point Im not being picky. I can open the lid without the taps opening just enough to drip beer.

Depending on how long your shanks are could you just make a spacer out of 1/4-1/2" material to space them out from the front a bit. If you don't want to take everything apart now you could cut some U shaped holes in the spacer for your shanks, loosen the nuts on the back of the shanks enough to slip it in behind the spacers and solve the problem.

Posting because I am interested in the same thing. I think they should be standard to the shank, so the fact that they're Perlicks shouldn't matter. They do make a 'bonnet angler' that helps some, but I could still use some additional space since my tap handles are a bit tall and deep.

Like said above if your shanks are long enough I would get another piece of wood and use that to space them out. If you want to make it look nice I would trim the wood out with some molding or router the edges. I don't think you will find thicker spacers then what come with the shanks.

Maybe this would work?

12A03167.jpg

Cheers!

I like this.

I was really looking for the black plastic part but something that was deeper. I guess I could put a thin spacer between it and the actual shank. I don't think I have enough room for 1" spacer. Ill have to look. Was hoping for a 1 piece stainless. I may just try and put a 1/2" piece of wood on top of the collar to trim it out. That would push the shanks away from the lid also.

Adventures in Homebrewing has stainless shank collars that give you an additional 1/4" installed. There isn't any information about dimensions on the website but I just measured the ones I have. If 1/4" will do it this is exactly what you were originally asking for.

An additional 1/4" more than the standard black plastic ones? If so, that would be perfect for me.
I unfortunately can't do the wood backing behind my shank spacers because my kegerator is a 50's fridge with a curved face.

Yes, 1/4" greater than standard black plastic collars. The stainless piece is only about 1/8" taller than the plastic piece but the shank is recessed about 1/8" into the plastic piece and is not recessed in the stainless piece which accounts for the additional distance.

An additional 1/4" more than the standard black plastic ones? If so, that would be perfect for me.
I unfortunately can't do the wood backing behind my shank spacers because my kegerator is a 50's fridge with a curved face.

Make a curved wood backing...........That's what jig saws and sanders are for!

Back