perlick question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cino101

Reaction score
So I asked for and recieved a 525SS perlick for Christmas but I just installed it and noticed the "p" is a different color than the other two perlicks I own. Everything else looks the same to me. Any ideas on why?

I've seen gold or black etched, and engraved on the 575. I wonder if it's different manufacturing locations or older stock.

mine are kind of pale silver/whitish.

or it could be an alien clone a la "the Thing". Take some of its blood and heat up a metal coat hanger on the stove. if the blood screams when you burn it get the shotgun.

probably just a newer run through on the 525 model - maybe the new color tested better with customers.

If it bothers you that much I bet someone would indulge your OCD and trade you.

Yeah this one is black etched while my original two are gold. Luckily the blood sample did not react to the heat so I think I'm going to be safe. My ocd is also ok at the moment but if anybody says anything at the next brew session I might flip out...

Since the etching is slightly rough, you might be able to "paint" over it with a gold or silver oil based sharpie pen. It should polish off the smooth chrome, but stick to the etch.

I have not tested this, but I have gone through half a dozen silver pens. They are not the paint pens you have to shake. I think those would make a mess.

Maybe I'll try it, because i'd rather my black ones were silver. Worst case, paint thinner should take it off. If the logo is laser etched, thinner won't touch the logo.

As long as its not permanent I say go for it. Just wouldn't want something hurting the resale value. Maybe go for some flair and go with red!

Latest posts

Back