Perlick Perl 575SS - Disassembly Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old_tx_kbb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 out of 3 Perlick 575SS faucets leaking. One is significant. Had it not been for a pitcher under the tap, I would have lost a gallon of a 2 yr.old bourbon barrel aged RIS. The other is a slow leak. I contacted Perlick and they suggested that I inspect the "floating" O-ring between the arm lever and the spout, and replace it if necessary.

I don't think that the arm lever is removable...at least I've never figured out how to remove it.

Can anyone guide me through the correct process to inspect and possibly replace this O-ring? I'm concerned that if I can remove it with a small blade screwdriver that I might not be able to re-install it.

The handle lever should pull right out. It does need to pass through the o-ring though. Is it leaking out the spout or the handle?

Here's a diagram. The "A" parts are for the 575.

perlick525_zps4d286d70.jpg

I had a problem a couple months ago where #4 in the diagram was not seated properly and caused a spraying type of leak.

It's leaking from the spout. I had to work on pulling the lever from the spout, but I got it out from both of the leaking faucets.

I can see the issue now is with the #3 O-ring on both faucets. It will need replaced on both. Do you know if that is a standard O-ring size...or if it's better to order them from Perlick? That's a whole 6 cents for that O-ring.

Thanks again!

If you have calipers, measure the ID, OD and thinkness then check HERE. That will give you the Dash Size then you can go to Lowes or HD and see if they have them. Or just take it with you. Should be a standard size.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 of my 4 brand new 525s came without #3. I couldn't find that size anywhere. Kegconnection sent them to me.

What exactly happened to yours? Did they crack or stretch?

fwiw, I would be cautious about replacing the #3 O-ring with something other than an OEM part, as the compliance of the material used at working temperature is likely to be very important in establishing and maintaining a good seal when the faucet is closed. A too-hard O-ring might be a royal pain in the rear going forward...

Cheers!

Back