Perlick (pearl) faucets or not

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemann93

Reaction score
Would like to know the general consensus on perlick faucets and if they are worth the extra money. I have used the run of the mill faucets and I have just upgraded from a three tap kegerator to a ten tap. I have had the problems with the faucets sticking if not used for a month. Of course the perlick says it doesn't stick like the old ones. I have also heard that the per lick faucets drip if they are not completely pushed all the way. Just want to know some opinions on the new faucets before I make a big purchase.

I used standard faucets for about two years. I just got a couple perlicks for Christmas, and man are they great! Totally worth the money IMO. One thing though, don't get the creamer version. You can just barely open a regular perlick and it will make a nice frothy head.

Had regular faucets for years. Many years. (Been kegging about 10) I finally broke down and bought some Perlicks about 2 years ago - and promptly kicked my self. I've squandered plenty of money. The difference between the prices of these faucets is zilch, compared to the value. I should have made Perlicks my initial faucet, but perhaps I had to experience the pain first (disassembly and frequent cleaning due to sticking) to appreciate them.

Damn - and I just ordered 4x non-Perlicks. So what are the advantages specifically other than not sticking as often?

They are more sanitary than a standard faucet, but mostly they don't stick. I had my handle get stuck in the open position and it drained about 1/4 of my keg before I could disconnect it.

yes, perlick forward sealing faucets are worth getting. I sometimes go weeks without pulling one of my tap handles and they never stick and I have had zero leaking or stuck open tap issues. I have 6 of the 525ss models, and yes if you just open them a little bit they work as a creamer faucet.

Only one bad side effect. I find myself getting lazy now and not wanting to clean them inbetween kegs since they never stick.

I wish I hadn't wasted my $$ on cheapies. Perl all the way. Don't bother with the creamers though as others have said. Completely pointless.

there's no need, especially if you periodically clean your lines. i just disassembled my perlicks, it had been months (maybe close to a year...). they weren't dirty at all.

i also just drove past the factory the other day. been meaning to stop in there.

I have 3 taps on the keezer, 2 Perlick 525's and a cheap POS that came with a kit. The difference is incredible in the 2 types of taps. the Perlick's are so smooth and never stick. The POS is constantly having to be cleaned just to get it to work. Perlick's IMO are WELL worth the $$. I'll be ordering a 3rd very soon.

Back