Perlick Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

libirm

Reaction score
Question-

As I build my collar for my Keezer I wondered what is the proper distance for two faucets or taps and what is the proper diameter of the hole that needs to be drilled?
I mentioned Perlick as they seem to get a good rating here, so I go with them unless steered away from them.

Thanks for the help

The holes, depending on the diameter of the shank, are usually 7/8". The shank fits inside perfectly. As for spacing... that is up to you, If you want them really close together, I'd say no less than 3" apart. However, if you'd like them spread out... I just found and marked the center of the collar, then spaced my other two marks, about 9" from that center point.

0523031636.jpg

0604031500.jpg

Nice looking keezer there jperry.

Thank you, You probably wouldn't of guessed this, but, the wood is a recycled redwood board, from a really old deck. My buddy is a carpenter and helped me, with the whole collar build. We sanded it... and added only one layer of stain, and clear coat.

Perlick 525 SS is having some issues, they are giving people kits to rebuild their faucet or replacing them with a cheaper model. I also have a faucet that cost 12.50 that works well IMHO.

This is mine... Craigslist chest freezer (7.2 cu/ft) for $50.00. Sanded and painted. Then just used 2x8 stained pine. Will fit 5 kegs. Left enough space between each of the three to add in 2 more taps if/when I deem in necessary. Make sure you leave room for upgrading in the future. I almost didnt leave enought in between for mine..

keezer.jpg

Nice looking keezer there jperry.

Definitely! Once I move into a bigger space, I really need to get my tanks, on the outside of the keezer. Right now, I have a keezer, around that same size, with two cornies, a commercial sixtel, a half keg of mead and a five pound CO2 and five pound beer gas tank stuffed in it. It's a bit tough to deal with all the lines.

Like most have said it is up to you. My drip tray hangs on my shanks so I had to space the holes out based on that. I like this drip tray because it protects the keezer from splashing.

H22Lude- where did you get your drip try? I have seen them in the places I have been looking for my keg stuff?

Thanks

Perlick 525 SS is having some issues, they are giving people kits to rebuild their faucet or replacing them with a cheaper model. I also have a faucet that cost 12.50 that works well IMHO.

Care to elaborate on this? I have 4 525 SS's in a box waiting to build my keezer because they are by all measures the best faucets out there...i havent heard anything about faulty ones?

Question-

As I build my collar for my Keezer I wondered what is the proper distance for two faucets or taps and what is the proper diameter of the hole that needs to be drilled?
I mentioned Perlick as they seem to get a good rating here, so I go with them unless steered away from them.

Thanks for the help

When building my collar, I played around with some empty beer bottle caps to help me visualize what it would look like when I drilled the holes. It's just about whatever you want. Decide how many taps you want and spce them as you please. Make sure there's a little space inbetween to give you room between your handles and make sure you don't split the wood.
IMG_20130620_123528_996.jpg.html

http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/inchrisin/media/IMG_20130620_123528_996.jpg.html?sort=3&o=20

Like most have said it is up to you. My drip tray hangs on my shanks so I had to space the holes out based on that. I like this drip tray because it protects the keezer from splashing.

Where did you get the drip try?
I like it.

Latest posts

Back