Perlick 630ss strange leak/spurt after 10-30 seconds?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thehopbandit

Reaction score
I recently got some brand new Perlick 630ss faucets. They've worked pretty nicely, however with a strange issue.

After closing the tap, one or two slight drips follow immediately after. No big deal, normal behavior. However, the strange thing is that a lot of the time if I just wait for a bit after, the faucet will leak or spurt out more than a drip (probably like .25 - .5 oz) and then it'll be done. It usually happens about 10-30 seconds after closing the tap. The weird thing is that no drips or any leaks happen between the time of the last drip to when it does this. Both taps have this happen.

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas?

All of my 525ss faucets will drip exactly three drops on closing, with the last one taking a few seconds to finally land in the glass.
Beyond that they don't leak, ever. And I have the flow meters to prove it :)

Seems clear your faucet isn't closing properly if it suddenly spurts at all.

One of my six Perls arrived with a leaky spout. In solving that I found the bonnet adjustment on the Perls affects the alignment between the ball at the end of the faucet lever and its mating O-ring in the spout: too tight an adjustment and the ball hits the O-ring at 6 o'clock, too loose and the ball hits the O-ring at 12 o'clock.

And of course the bonnet tension setting has to seal the faucet lever pivot as well, so it can be a challenge to dial them in perfectly. But it can be done.

For my leaky faucet the light bulb went on when I removed the faucet from the tower and looked through the spout while working the lever. I could easily see what happened with bonnet adjustment...

Cheers!

All of my 525ss faucets will drip exactly three drops on closing, with the last one taking a few seconds to finally land in the glass.
Beyond that they don't leak, ever. And I have the flow meters to prove it :)

Seems clear your faucet isn't closing properly if it suddenly spurts at all.

One of my six Perls arrived with a leaky spout. In solving that I found the bonnet adjustment on the Perls affects the alignment between the ball at the end of the faucet lever and its mating O-ring in the spout: too tight an adjustment and the ball hits the O-ring at 6 o'clock, too loose and the ball hits the O-ring at 12 o'clock.

And of course the bonnet tension setting has to seal the faucet lever pivot as well, so it can be a challenge to dial them in perfectly. But it can be done.

For my leaky faucet the light bulb went on when I removed the faucet from the tower and looked through the spout while working the lever. I could easily see what happened with bonnet adjustment...

Cheers!

Thank you! I did some adjustments and it appears to be better now, actually. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the response.

Back