Perlick 525ss Tap Handle not straight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nee622

Reaction score
I recently purchased some perlick 525ss faucets for my new kegerator. When I went to attach the tap handles to them they tend to lean backwards a decent amount. They lean back enough that they are easily knocked forwards whenever I open my keezer lid which causes the faucet to open. Is there any way to reset the handle so the vavle closes and the tap handle stands at more of a 90 degree angle?

The short answer is: No.

The longer answer: If you ever take a 525SS apart you'll see they are very simple devices, and there is literally nothing that can be adjusted save for the tension on the lever mechanism which is controlled by tightening or loosening the "compression bonnet" at the base of the handle lever...

Cheers

Shorter / lighter tap handles

-=Jason=-
Sent from my HTC Incredible using Home Brew Talk

Thanks a lot for the responses. I figured as much but I had to ask just to be sure. I guess i'll have to stick with some smaller or maybe some custom made handles from white-lab vials.

That or take a piece of 1"x4" or 1"x6" and place that behind your faucets. That will bring them further away from the door. I had a similar issue as you and I simply installed the short, stubby tap handles.

I got some chrome plated faucet flanges at home depot a couple years ago (think they were $2 or $3 each.) and put those behind the faucet on the shank. It brings the handles out from the fridge.. looks pretty good too.

I got some chrome plated faucet flanges at home depot a couple years ago (think they were $2 or $3 each.) and put those behind the faucet on the shank. It brings the handles out from the fridge.. looks pretty good too.

do you have a pic?

does that replace the regular black plastic ring around the shank?

Back