• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Florida Pay it forward thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did everyone see my need? I'd like an electric brewery. Only looking for a Kal clone (like the one pictured below)... please let me know what you have, thanks!

IMG_3575.jpg

Time to shut this thread down?

Seems like it!

I'm a member on a forum about hammock camping.. they have a PIF thread like this... except there are always good things being posted up. they have rules, and a mod.. all claims have to be followed up w/in 24 hours with your own PIF offering. It works pretty well over there...

This one though..seems to be pretty :off:

The intentions of this thread are great. But I guess people aren't understanding what PIF is all about. Props to the OP for setting this thread up with the best of intentions.

Like the sale and trade forums maybe there needs to be a pif forum with rules. I don't and didn't mind sending out my old stuff to people who don't have anything to pay forward because down the road they might have stuff to send and remember what they got. What bothers me is guys asking for $100 mills... Not sure about you guys but I'm too poor to giveaway mills. Ha.

I am in need of sending someone a grain crusher. I am finding out that t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶u̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶r̶u̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ I have an extra one. Anyone g̶o̶t̶ need one? Would have to be shipped t̶o̶ from 71753. Thanks
Fixed that for you. This thread is for giving, not for asking.

My intent in this thread was to offer up the things I don't need to those who do. The idea is that the recipient does likewise and "pays it forward". However in the case of new brewers who don't have anything to give I say please take what you need and remember to pay it forward when you get farther in and have outgrown your early equipment.

i was more than happy to get rid of some stuff i wasnt using and had no plans to use. i wasnt in time to get anything i needed but hey thats the breaks. i'll keep saving and eventually i'll get it. thats the way it goes :mug:

Back on topic - Just converted a pin lock keg to ball lock posts. Anyone need the old pin lock posts and a couple of QDs? I have a full set.

They will fit a regular Cornelius keg.

PM me. Should fit into a small USPS flat-rate box. You pay the shipping.

I have a jet bottle washer (needs the plastic washer thing) or a carboy hauler if anybody wants either just pm me....you pay shipping.

Thread worked great and as intended for me. I gave a refractometer to a member and ended up getting a corker from a different member. I sent my stuff quick and received mine equally as quick.

Keep it going. Why do we need to moderate everything? "Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Three 1/4" i.d. barb swivel fittings without the nut for gas or liquid line connection. Probably no need to worry about shipping.

Hey fellas did not wish to wreck this topic. New to homebrewing ( 4 months) and did not read the 9 pages of stuff. Wish I had something to offer but I am bare essentials. Sorry for the post but love the love on this room. I will post again if I have something to pif. Message received! Thanks to all who let me know. Obvious u were also on this page for a reason and took it upon yourself to cut someone down when the chance came. Thanks and hhb

^ X green. We did pile it on but I reckon you had it coming. You can order a new grain mill for a couple hundred bucks.
Meanwhile since you're just getting started there are likely other small things you can do to improve your efficiency till you can afford a mill. This site is a great resource. It's all at your fingertips.
Slainte

Don't get all caught up on efficiency anyhow just make beer. Add a bit more grain to bump it up if your a little light... Cheaper than going though the hassles of trying to figure out what you're doing wrong. I stopped taking a gravity reading on my mash because it made me crazy... Heck most times to don't even take a starting... I just let all my beers sit a good 2 months before I keg. Check the aih mill, cheap and works well I'm glad I got one not for efficiency but I can buy bulk sacks now. If I hit the shop on a sale and buy bulk hops I can make most beers for less than $20.

Don't get all caught up on efficiency anyhow just make beer. Add a bit more grain to bump it up if your a little light... Cheaper than going though the hassles of trying to figure out what you're doing wrong. I stopped taking a gravity reading on my mash because it made me crazy... Heck most times to don't even take a starting... I just let all my beers sit a good 2 months before I keg. Check the aih mill, cheap and works well I'm glad I got one not for efficiency but I can buy bulk sacks now. If I hit the shop on a sale and buy bulk hops I can make most beers for less than $20.

I started out just as theck stated, and I quote "Just make beer.". I did not even take a gravity reading until my 5th or so batch. I was getting my process down.

I've never tried them but I'm trying to expand my hop knowledge. If no one else got them yet I'd like to give it a whirl. Now I need to search for something to put on here...eventually!

Shipped the hops on Tuesday and threw in a homebrew. Check your pm for tracking info. Enjoy!

I have 4oz Falconer's Flight and 4oz Cascade from Farmhouse Brewing Supply. They're unopened, vacuum sealed. I believe they are from 2011. I'd forgotten about them in the back of the freezer. Have been in the freezer since i got them. I'm unlikely to use them any time soon so figured I would give them away to a good home. They've likely lost some potency but should be fine to brew if you use a little extra. I'll even cover shipping if both packs go to the same address. Or someone can pick them up in Chicago. PM me.

I will take the hops, likely I will have stuff to add to this page to the near future as I upgrading lots of equipment in near future.

Never got my diy manifold to work, so if anyone needs a manifold, check valves, plugs, I'd just ask you pay shipping. I could probably get it into the small usps box.

image.jpg

Never got my diy manifold to work, so if anyone needs a manifold, check valves, plugs, I'd just ask you pay shipping. I could probably get it into the small usps box.

Check valves have been claimed but I still have the manifold.

I have an extra 12" stainless steel screen bazooka. New in the package. I ordered two when they were on sale. Never used the second one.

Just pay shipping. Will fit in medium flat rate box for less than $12.00

Let me know if interested.

Bazooka claimed.

I have a basic black capper up for grabs. I recently upgraded to a red one so I can swap out the capper bell and cap euro bottles with the larger caps.

The capper was sent to me for free by a generous member of this site when I was getting started, so I figure it's only right to pass it on to another home if anyone needs it.

2 S type airlocks with 3 stoppers
Long auto siphon works in 6.5 carboys
bottle wand.
beer thief
Just pay shipping or pick up in Wisconsin

Last edited:
Back