Patagonian Hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerfresh

Reaction score
My wife went to "Crafty Ladies" here in Denver last night and Upslope presented their portfolio. They showed off their "Patagonian Hops" and left about 8oz behind which my wife grabbed. Anyone have any info on them so I can play around? Thinking of doing a SMaSH 1/2 batch with them this weekend and curious which direction to go in.

I will post results when I have them.

Hi there I live in Spain but I am from Argentina. "Patagonian hops" it´s very generic. What I can tell you about the production there is that is based mostly in the city of "El bolson" which haves quite some history in hop growing. The variey has to be Cascade (almost 95% of the production there is cascade) and the ones that I´ve tried are very similar to american cascade, the only difference that I can tell it´s that they also work very good for bittering. I´ve tried some american cascade for bittering and wasn´t very pleased with the results. Just think about regular cascade (with a little less grapefruit). I hope this helps and I apologize for my english (please feel free to correct me).

Thank you so much, that helps a lot I will definitely experiment with a SMaSH to gauge the bitterness profile (wife grabbed 8 oz).

I'm an american that lived in El Bolson for a stint, and loved it. The different cervezas artesenales at La Feria every summer are what got me hooked on craft beer. I'd love to get my hands on some patagonian malt/hops.. Man, I miss that place..

Looper said:
I'm an american that lived in El Bolson for a stint, and loved it. The different cervezas artesenales at La Feria every summer are what got me hooked on craft beer. I'd love to get my hands on some patagonian malt/hops.. Man, I miss that place..

El bolsón its truly a magical place

Back