Passion fruit Sweet tea lemonade ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerkhezu

Reaction score
Wow that's a mouthful... anyways.

This is my first recipe and it's currently fermenting. A few things about this recipe is I'd probably change a few things around but I'll put them in as you read through the recipe.

1 pound Extra light Dme boiled in a half gallon of water.

Boil Extra light Dme and water for 17 minutes. (Take out about a cups worth before it starts to boil)

1 tablespoon (15ml, 1/2oz) of Australian galaxy for citrus and passion fruit notes
@15 minutes

(I accidentally added too much I was going for a quarter ounce but messed up.... oops)

@ flame out add in 1/4 tsp of Australian galaxy, 1 container of frozen lemonade concentrate

(I used great value from Wal-Mart because I couldn't find old orchard)

and add in 8 tea bags of Tazo Passion fruit herbal tea. (In hindsight I should have added this during the last 5 minutes of the boil.)

Steep the tea @ approximately 158 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes (I added them after the lemonade concentrate... oops)

Add in the rest of the gallon jug of water plus 4 cups of cold water.

(I used cold water from my refrigerator to help cool it down and bring the gravity down slightly)

Finally add in approximately half a jug of simply lemonade (the half gallon one)

BIG OOPS COMING IN! ! !

I checked the gravity before I added in the simply lemonade, but not after.... darn it...

The gravity before the addition was 1.048.
My guess is the gravity probably jumped up to 1.050- 1.060... yet again rookie mistake.

Okay time for the yeast addition! (Prepare as your boiling the dme)

Rehydrate 1 1/2 tablespoons of Nottingham ale yeast
(I ment to do 3/4 tsp but oops... again. I purchased new measuring spoons and they got the best of me I guess...)
With 1/4 teaspoon of yeast energizer in the warm Dme and water mixture and shake well for roughly 10 minutes in total.

Pitch yeast at 88 degrees Fahrenheit.

It is currently fermenting so I cannot give you a timeframe as to when it will be finished but it started bubbling away less than 24 hours into the fermentation.

Latest posts

Back