Pass the Time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiquidLunch5211

Reaction score
Just a conversation thread.. What do other home brewers do to pass the time, between beers fermenting and brewing a new beer?
Just general discussion, I am finding it very hard to hold off kegging my first beer even though everything I read is telling me to wait..
Cheers :mug:

Since I am a new home brewer I am patiently waiting for the first beer to finish, at least once this one is done I can enjoy it while waiting for the next..

If you have some depth to your pipeline there really isn't a ton of down time. I have two brews in fermenters right now, one week apart, and I will be brewing another beer this weekend or maybe even before then.

Aside from that, I keep busy with maintenance stuff. The beers fermenting now need dry hops or other additions, cold crashing, packaging etc. When that stuff goes to secondary, bottles, or kegs I need to clean out the primaries. Also I plan to save some of the yeast from that so I will be washing the yeast and preparing it for storage. Oh, and I need to make a yeast starter for this upcoming brew.

My kegerator is also currently in pieces as I clean all the taps, replace lines, etc. And I have some kegs that need cleaning, sanitizing and lubrication on the gaskets, and then pressure testing to make sure they're OK.

I've got a 1/10 acre garden that I'm going to resume again in spring, so I'll need to start planning that out soon. Otherwise it's all about reading up on brewing and waiting for the next batch to make.

I've got a 1/10 acre garden that I'm going to resume again in spring, so I'll need to start planning that out soon. Otherwise it's all about reading up on brewing and waiting for the next batch to make.

I hear ya, totally looking forward to this years garden. I have big plans for this years crop. I have already started some seeds in the house to hopefully transplant to the garden. I will be drinking my new home brew while planting in the garden this year for sure

Back