Partial Mash Recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plurpimpin

Reaction score
I just did my first brew from a partial mash kit a few nights ago using a grain bag and everything went really well. I'm going to build a mash tun this week and want to try one more partial mash to test out my setup before doing all grain.

The problem I've had is I can't find any partial mash recipes anywhere. I really want to brew a porter, preferably something with a coffee taste to it. Anybody know a good recipe or a place I can find some? Everything I've found is either extract or all grain.

click the "recipes" link at the top of the page. There are tons of partial mash recipes in the database. Most of them are labeled All-grain, Partial or Extract.

It's also fairly easy to convert an all-grain recipe to partial mash if you found something you like that only has an all-grain recipe.

Yep. That's about it. If you're doing a partial boil, you might want to do a late extract addition and just boil your hops in your runnings from the mash.

Back