Panel wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cthorbr

Reaction score
I have spend the last few months researching and designing my own control panel to suit my brewery needs. I am planning to do a 2 vessel HERM's system with the HEX coil installed in a second lid that I have for my BK. That way I can use it during Mashing/Lautering and sparging and then remove it for my boil. I'm on a bit of a budget so I wanted to do it this way so that I can keep my total costs down by needing less elements, PIDs etc but still be able to buy quality parts for the rest of it.

So that is why I chose to design my panel this way as well. I consider myself fairly proficient with DC electricity. I work with it most days at my job. But AC and especially 240v I don't deal with other than with home projects like this. So I was hoping that I could post my panel schematic here and have a few people glance at it to see if I made any glaringly obvious mistakes. And offer any thoughts on improvement.

As well feel free to comment on your thoughts of a 2 vessel HERMS system. Weather you have tried it or not, or even think it is a good idea. It seems like quite a few people have had success with it from the research I have done. But any extra insight is always good.

Thanks a lot for the help. And again thanks for a great Forum that has helped me out in so many ways so far.

image.jpg

L1 needs to go to the neutral bus, not the ground bus. Having it on the ground bus will trip your GFCI as soon as you turn close S1.

Brew on :mug:

You have R1 and R2 labeled as relays. I assume those will be contactors? I can't argue the difference, everything I read and what I used are contactors.

Thank you Tyler and Doug. That is exactly why I wanted to post this in case I accidentally over looked something like the light to ground. Agreed, that should definitely go to neutral.

And Yes I will be using contractors instead of relays. Just forgot to change the label I guess after I decided that.

Thank you both again.

Cracked Prop Brewery Controller 1.jpg

Back