Panel mount fuse holders or inline?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goowa

Reaction score
Still agonizing over the details of my panel here, anyone else done that in their journey? :)

My wiring requires 4 fuses holders. Im looking on Amazon for some panel mounts, and there are plenty of choices, but with mixed reviews. I'd like to be able to simply use female spade connectors to slide on to the contacts on the holders. A lot of the, look like they have really small connectors that would be best to solder to. I'm sh*t with a soldering iron, and whats worse is my iron is junk.

So I ask those that have built their panels, what did you go with? Panel mount of inline, and why?

I have 4 Littelfuse fuse holders left over from my build. They are rated for 20 amps and have standard size spade terminals. I will give them to you. PM me your name and address if interested.
littelfuse holder (522x640).jpg

I have 4 Littelfuse fuse holders left over from my build. They are rated for 20 amps and have standard size spade terminals. I will give them to you. PM me your name and address if interested.
View attachment 606079
For home I used fuseholders like these from radioshack when they were going under only mine are rated to 25amps.. ebay has them too.
Never needed to replace any fuses yet..

Ive since become a bit of an electric brewing hardware snob and prefer DIN rail based hardware now... Seriously its made the hobby of building this stuff and upgrading so much better..

I went with panel mount and I kind of regret it. My thought was it'd be easier to change out any blown fuses, but I've never had to change a fuse and it isn't like turning a key and opening the panel is difficult. I think the panel would look a little cleaner the fuses were internal.

For home I used fuseholders like these from radioshack when they were going under only mine are rated to 25amps.. ebay has them too.
Never needed to replace any fuses yet..

Ive since become a bit of an electric brewing hardware snob and prefer DIN rail based hardware now... Seriously its made the hobby of building this stuff and upgrading so much better..
Yeah I wanted to do DIN mount stuff but it just wasn't in the cards right now. I know it's not that much more expensive, but I'm already over budget as it is. Coincidentally @stevehaun hooked me up so that really helps.

Thanks again!!

I went with panel mount and I kind of regret it. My thought was it'd be easier to change out any blown fuses, but I've never had to change a fuse and it isn't like turning a key and opening the panel is difficult. I think the panel would look a little cleaner the fuses were internal.
Good thoughts, I hadn't thought of that.

Back