Panel Help Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bohern

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 50A Electric Brewing Supply panel bought back in August and all has been fine.

BUT today I was just going to run some water though it and make sure it was extra clean and have an issue.

The box powers up same as normal but none of the pumps will come on or none of the elements will fire either. Also none of those lights or switches light either.

HELP!

Any ideas anyone?

I looked for a CB or reset but don't see any such thing.

Could you give more information, and maybe some pics of your panel?

im guessing that you didn’t really run water through the panel..

with it being a panel, i would assume that you can open it up. For starters, I would look to make sure all the wires are still connected ( none that are laying around or not connected to anything) if there is any, I would look for a schematic of the panel before hooking any wires to anything.

IMG_0921.jpeg

Here is the inside of the panel, turned off of course

It has something to do with the ice cube relay on the top right.

I powered up the box and then opened the panel, relay light was off. I reset the relay and all started working again.

Problem is when you power down and then re-start the box the relay has to be reset again.

I powered up the box and then opened the panel, relay light was off. I reset the relay and all started working again.

Problem is when you power down and then re-start the box the relay has to be reset again.

Glad the problem was determined! What a PITA. Any way to mitigate needing to reset the relay?

glad you got it figured out and that it wasn’t anything major.

Your safety relay coil is energized when you turn on the keyed main switch this is the first step in the sequence.. this is done to make sure all your heating elements and pumps switches are in the off position .. then if those conditions are met the main power relay will energize and stay latched and maintain this status through a holding contact on the safety relay so you can operate the heating elements and pumps at this point.

UPDATE: The problem was the relay and Ryan at Electric Brewing Supply sent me a replacement pronto last week and all is good now. Very good customer service, he and I were even emailing each other last Sunday to solve my issue.

Had an awesome brew day on Saturday too, cheers gang and thanks for the help.

Back