Painting the Holiday 7 freezer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deezy

Reaction score
Getting Holiday 7 soon but "need to paint it black to match our kitchen appliances if it's going into that room" ;] (SWMBO idea naturally)

I've read past threads just want to get current replies; and not sure if regular paint prep is any different than say chalk paint prep would be, in short:

- Do I need to sand it down first
- Primer vs No Primer
- What about the plastic items
- Paints to use or avoid

Any success stories or tips please let me know!

:mug:

This conversation sounds extremely similar.
"Honey, this chest freezer is $130."
"But the black one matches the rest of our applicances, let's get that one"
"The black one is $250, is the color worth an extra $120"
"Yup"

We finally agreed if it went in the laundry room, I could get the white one, but I definitely looked into painting it.

-Yes, sanding it down is HIGHLY recomended.
-Primer is never a bad idea, but it's not required. You'll probably get a better result if you prime.
-Don't sand the plastic surfaces. You might also test a small piece of the plastic with the paint you want to use to see how well it adheres. you might need a plastic-specific spray paint for that.

-Look into the textured appliance spray paints. They'll give a much nicer texture and finish. Plus the texture will help cover up any painting flaws better than a smooth surface would. (Let's face it, we're not professional painters.)

Back