Paintball CO2/NITRO Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyin' Lion

Reaction score
For those that want to use a paintball tank for portability, Check out this item found at Lowe's:http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=166441-61735-J-6901-100

Some paintball tanks (fiber wrapped) can hold Nitrogen (though most use compressed air) and have the same threadding as CO2 tanks, so this could be used to push stouts or non-carbonates. It seems a bit pricey, but may be feasible due to it's versatility. Plus with the likelyhood of recieving a Lowe's gift card over a "beer store" gift card, the price may come into "reasonable" territory.

Figured I would post this so anyone searching for paintball tanks/regs in hopes of using one for kegging might find a suitable alternative.

Great Find! So it fits over any paint ball CO2 tank? Or does it come with an attached tank as one unit? Either way its a great idea!

for the price of that, you could just get a 5lbs tank and new regulator. As far as portability is concerned, you are lugging around 50 pound cornie kegs full of beer. Whats another 15 pound CO2 bottle on top of that?? No fuss either... just hook it up and drink.

sirsloop said:
for the price of that, you could just get a 5lbs tank and new regulator. As far as portability is concerned, you are lugging around 50 pound cornie kegs full of beer. Whats another 15 pound CO2 bottle on top of that?? No fuss either... just hook it up and drink.

I agree if 5 lbs is to big get a 2.5 lb unit

All good responses, but this has the potential to serve dual purposes. The threads on a Nitrogen (or compressed air) paintball tank are the same as those on a CO2 tanks; therefore, this regulator could be used for one or the other.

Plus it has the "cool" factor. Which is nice.

Flyin' Lion said:
All good responses, but this has the potential to serve dual purposes. The threads on a Nitrogen (or compressed air) paintball tank are the same as those on a CO2 tanks; therefore, this regulator could be used for one or the other.

Plus it has the "cool" factor. Which is nice.

the gas is 2x as expensive.

I have read and been told it take a different regulator

Edit
But:

Adventrues in Homebrewing claims their regulators work on either nitrogen or CO2

I built a small rig that runs off a paintball tank (with a regulator) and a small chiller that has the tap on it.
Protable dispenser and chiller.

I may put it into production. All said and done it's still cheaper than that regulator.

Back