Overnight mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoodweisen

Reaction score
I farely new to BIAB and Ive seen some ppl post about overnight mashing so i decided to give it a try on my DUNKELWEIZEN. I got my grain in the water and at 154 I shut down the heat, wrapped it in a blanket and set it into a large tupperware and put the lid on.
Today i pulled it out and the temp was down to 100 hundred degrees and when I took Preboil OG I got 1.060 pretty dang good i thought. two things i noticed was what appeared to be coagulated protein in the mash water looked like toilet paper rolling around in the boil and when i pulled the grains they smelled like bannanas but during the boil and post boil the wort did not smell so I believe Its AOK
When i took a final gravity I got 1.076 and i had done a WLP american hefeweizen starter so I should get one HELLAVA BEER out of this one.
Anyone want to add anything about this experiance or there own experiance

also i tasted my wort when i took my gravity reading and i didnt taste anything sour about it like some people have suggested would happen for mashing for so long not in target temp

Back