Over the past couple of weekends... (My New Keezer)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
First I got a couple of 2"X13" pieces of Oak, cut them to size and stained them.

Once they were cut and stained I used a paddle bit to drill the holes for the taps. A few coats of polyurethane were then applied.

I then put the Perlick faucets into the holes just to get an idea of how they would look.

I pieced the separate planks of oak together using L brackets and applied the new collar to the freezer using double sided foam tape. I then cut, rolled out and stapled my bubble insulation to the inside of the oak.

Once the bubble insulation was installed I cut the appropriate holes and installed the faucets.

The final two pictures are the keezer with lid open and closed.

I still need to drill the holes in the back for the gas lines, but it's at least functional and I can move it into the dining room whenever the need strikes me.

Stain.jpg

Holes drilled.jpg

Fitting.jpg

Insulation.jpg

Taps:Insulation.jpg

Very nice job!
Where did you find that size oak?
Curious as to the price as well?

Enjoy the fruits of your labor!
Cheers!

I found the lumber at a local place around here that deals with sizes Home Depot/Lowes typically do not mess with. Timberland or something of the sort.

The cost was more than I wanted to pay. It was a little over $150.

Looks great with that wood, I am looking for a freezer now, so I can build one in the next few weeks. Can you tell me the make and model of your freezer, I would like to find one that will fit 5 to 6 gal ball locks. Thanks.

I got 6 kegs today and 4 of them were already full. I got 10 gallons of apple wine, 5 gallons of orange soda and 5 gallons of Sprite. I'm not sure how long the soda will stay on tap, but I wanted to test the system. However, except for a few cuts in the drip tray I've now completed my keezer.

Bottle Rack.jpg

Keezer.jpg

Kegs.jpg

kegs 2.jpg

Taps.jpg

Back