Our labels (so far)...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnallygasterBrewery

Reaction score
I've uploaded a few on another thread here, but I've made changes and made more so I figured I'd just make a dump -- any feedback is appreciated (especially questions... that way I know if a concept is as clear as I think it is)! Thanks! :mug:

BarleyLegalFinal.jpg

ImperialCherryPorterFinal.jpg

PinkyOutIPAFinal.jpg

CitraPaleAleFinal.jpg

Nice vision, feelin' those labels there....would like to see them wrapped around a bottle...would probably like to throw the contents of the bottles down my throat as well.

I like the imagery of the last two. The first one is a bit over the top for me with the kitten, and the second one, the 3D nature of it doesn't really go with the flat and layered feel of the last two.

Those labels make me want to drink that beer. I'll take a sixer of each, please. Nice job.

Wow, thanks, everybody! We keg everything we brew, but we'll occasionally bottle some of the batch. I'll get some pics on here of the labels in action.

MBasile, I can see your point about the Catzilla label being over the top. However, that's part of what I was shooting for. 14.5% abv is the highest I believe I'm allowed to brew, professionally (with the license we're applying for... hence the name), and I wanted to capture the feeling of absurdity combined with the idea that its a drink that belies its strength -- sorta like a kitty that wreaks havoc :p. The other element was just aesthetic -- Japanese setting and a haiku to describe it. Not to mention I'm using Godzilla's likeness so the name works there, too. I understand what you mean, but I think the craziness is warranted here!

Wow, thanks, everybody! We keg everything we brew, but we'll occasionally bottle some of the batch. I'll get some pics on here of the labels in action.

MBasile, I can see your point about the Catzilla label being over the top. However, that's part of what I was shooting for. 14.5% abv is the highest I believe I'm allowed to brew, professionally (with the license we're applying for... hence the name), and I wanted to capture the feeling of absurdity combined with the idea that its a drink that belies its strength -- sorta like a kitty that wreaks havoc :p. The other element was just aesthetic -- Japanese setting and a haiku to describe it. Not to mention I'm using Godzilla's likeness so the name works there, too. I understand what you mean, but I think the craziness is warranted here!

Ah, nice. As long as there is a reason! FYI though, you didn't incorporate a UPC code. Are these just going to be sold from your establishment or via distributors and retailers?

There's a retail license for the site we're going to be moving into so we'll be able to sell directly on-site -- but when we got to seek a house (can't do any self-distribution in MD) I'll make some accommodations on the labels. The design is set up to be modular and really works as a template for any changes we'd have to make to meet code. Design school/professional experience paying off in a big way now ha.

SnallygasterBrewery said:
There's a retail license for the site we're going to be moving into so we'll be able to sell directly on-site -- but when we got to seek a house (can't do any self-distribution in MD) I'll make some accommodations on the labels. The design is set up to be modular and really works as a template for any changes we'd have to make to meet code. Design school/professional experience paying off in a big way now ha.

I'm hoping to put my design schooling to the same use!

Back