other than beer fave' alcoholic beverage.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timgman

Reaction score
Other than beer; whats your fave' alcoholic beverage.
mine Tanquray & tonic...
..........and perhaps a nice glass of pinot grigio.

Thwizzit said:
Old Grandad & Ginger Ale
The last guy i did a shot of old gd with is dead.....
that stuff is serious...wooo daddy.

rum and coke, orange vodka and cream soda. Ive had some pretty good brandys and grappas too, pisco sour is good. For non-distilled stuff, mead (homebrewed) and a few red wines, never cared for whites.

The last guy i did a shot of old gd with is dead.....

He probably wasn't drinking enough of it :)

You know what else is awesome in the summertime is Old Grandad & Turkey Hill Lemonade... Deeee-lish!!!

Bourbon, Rocks.

Maker's or Woodford Reserve for special occasions.
Turkey or Evan Williams for everyday.
Jim Beam for tying one on.

Generally it will be wine if not beer (actually, wine more often than beer), but at home I'll occasionally have either Gentleman Jack or The Glenlivet, straight up, usually with a cigar, and if eating Mexican I'll often have a margarita on the rocks -- particularly if Patron is available.

Rick

:D :D
timgman said:
Other than beer; whats your fave' alcoholic beverage.
mine Tanquray & tonic...
..........and perhaps a nice glass of pinot grigio.
You mean there is another drink with alcohol other than beer?

Effen vodka on the rocks. You have to be very careful because it's so smooth, almost like 80 proof water. If you are not paying attention, you wake up with a mojor gap in your memory.

Single malt scotches. Partial to highlands in warm weather.

After that, any good whiskey. Neat. In glass, no plastic, thanks.

Any Irish whiskey, then rye then scotch. Straight up or on the rocks. Red wines room temp. Sip tequila up with inlaws and friends in Mexico.No shootin' Never a mixer with anything. Not even water!

California red wine!! Cabernet, Syrah, Zinfandel, red blends. I am a member of several wine clubs and keep a small cellar of well aged reds to enjoy with friends and family!

Moonshae said:
I'm a big fan of a martini with bombay sapphire. Chipotle-stuffed olives are a huge plus.
Me 2
Also...Single malt scotch....Or whiskey.
Then comes rum...all kinds...all flavors.
Anything that comes with an umbrella in it.:ban:
And my newest favorite...Apfelwein.

jds said:
Bourbon, Rocks.

Maker's or Woodford Reserve for special occasions.
Turkey or Evan Williams for everyday.
Jim Beam for tying one on.

That is my bar almost to a tee - I am looking down the neck of a bottle of Woodford Reserve as I type this - Evan Williams is also on my shelf. If I am drinking whiskey at the bar (don't drink any other liquor other than whiskies, with the occasional shot of Jager) it is Maker's and Jim Beam.

I also learned the virtues of apfelwein - the German deli by my house carries Possmann's, mine is not ready yet.

In college? Poland Spring vodka.

Now? Grey Goose.

Graduating and getting a job rules!

Bourbon. Ancient Ancient Age or Evan Williams 1783 (some year anyway) most of the time, Knob Creek or Elmer T. Lee when I feel special. I'd buy Baker's or George T. Stagg all the time if I could afford it. Nectar of the gods right there.

George Dickel 12 isn't bourbon, but it's awesome.

Gin and Sparkling Lime-or-Lemonade when it's above 90 outside.

Latest posts

Back