Oshkosh Home Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin86

Reaction score
Hey folks, I've made few posts here, and lurked through my fair share of posts, but I felt it was time I introduced myself.

I was born in Chicago, and raised in Milwaukee. I moved up to Oshkosh for school, and I fell in love with beer with my first trip to EAA's hops & props craft brew festival. That same year, my girlfriend, gave me a Mr. Beer kit. I did three batches, in a year, saved up, and got my home brew kit. I've brewed 12 gallons so far this year, and don't plan on stopping any time soon!

I just wanted to formally introduce myself, see if there were any more WI brewers out there (I find it hard to believe there aren't) and I can't wait to keep learning and most importantly keep brewing!

Welcome, thanks for the introduction!

TxBrew - You're welcome, glad to be part of the community!

crash - it's usually in march, but you'll probably see me talk about it more as it gets closer, lol. I think it might be on EAA's website as well

Welcome to the forum. I'm only 10 miles away in Omro. EAA Hops & Props is March 6th 2011. Another event in Oshkosh I would recommend is Brews & Blues, the date has not yet been set but it is normally mid July. Since you got hooked on good beer, Oshkosh Beer has a great blog and updates a beer list for various bars on tap in Oshkosh.

If you are interested, I belong to a club in Oshkosh called the SOB's (Society of Oshkosh Brewers). We have meetings at O'Marro's Public House at 7:00pm once a month on the 3rd Wednesday. If you would like to come as a guest just come in and check us out. We will be sampling beers and judging some Strong Ales to go to competition. If you have any questions on brewing there are a lot of good people to help you or point you in the right direction. Hope to see you.

Cheers,
Scott

Bernie Brewer is around the Fond du Lac area, and he's always mentioned Hops n' Props to me. I've never gone, though- it looks like a great time. I won't make it again this year, as I will be down south trying to stay warm. :D

Hops and Props is one of the best beer events I've ever attended. 2 years ago I had the pleasure of drinking large sums of beer wit Sam Calagione from Dogfish Head, he was one of the most pleasant people I've ever met. The head brewer from O'so was also nice enought to spend about 45min talking to me about brewing. Great time.

Warm welcome to ya from a displaced Wisconsinite! I was born in Milwaukee, lived in Sussex and Oconomowoc, then did a stint in Dallas, TX, and have lived here in northern Illinois for the past 13 years. And I'm LONGING to return to my home state...we want to move to Stevens Point. Again, a warm welcome to this little corner of fun and insanity.

glenn514:mug:

Bernie Brewer is around the Fond du Lac area, and he's always mentioned Hops n' Props to me. I've never gone, though- it looks like a great time. I won't make it again this year, as I will be down south trying to stay warm. :D

Yes, I am- Eldorado to be precise. I work in Oshkosh, takes me about 15-ish minutes to get there. I went to Hops & Props once, since then it has gotten ungodly expensive, IMHO. But it was a lot of fun when I went. Welcome, Colin!

Back