Organza for bag material - Is it strong enough?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danieldavid39

Diesel Boy
Reaction score
I am going to do my first BIAB soon and found a material called organza at the fabric store.. Was looking for voile like everyone suggests but had no luck... My sister made me a bag to fit my megapot out of organza and I was wondering if anyone has tried this material for a brew bag and had any luck bad or good? I don't do big beers normally and my first two all grains are going to be a kolsch and a cream ale with smaller grain bills at or around 10 - 11 pounds... I feel like it's going to be fine, but just wanted to check with you guys before I just blindly throw a potentially wimpy bag in my kettle....

Thanks!

Nice! Thanks for the reply... I found that info by googling organza as well, I just read that most use voile and was concerned that this may not be as strong... Thanks again!

Just updating that I used my organza bag this past weekend to brew a NB cream ale and the bag worked well and I hit my target OG with no problem... So if anyone has organza and wants to fashion a bag out of it it will work, and hopefully hold up after several batches

Back