Organic Pale Ale (How to make it taste like a summer)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EnergyGod

Reaction score
Hello All, my father and I are currently brewing and Organic Pale Ale. I am really into health and anytime I can get Organic ingredients, I will, even in beer. We ordered from breworganic.com.

We are using our Kit from Midwest and it is sitting in the second fermentor and will be siphoned to the final bucket on Saturday before being bottled.

My father and I wanted to make this a summer type beer with perhaps a fresh flavor of lemon/orange/lime. Maybe adding something else that you guys would advice (lemon grass, chamomile, etc.)

How should I do this? I read people saying soak your chopped lemon, lime, orange peals in a little vodka a few days to sterilize and then add it to the final fermentation batch. Being a complete beginner, what would you guys suggest? Thanks in advance!

I did a pale with 3 lemons, well zested, in 6 gallons and it was so nice and fresh I've got a double batch fermenting now. I add the zest to secondary for two weeks.
And zested after a quick soak in starsan!
Really recommend that!

EDIT: also that was my third batch.

Hello All, my father and I are currently brewing and Organic Pale Ale. I am really into health and anytime I can get Organic ingredients, I will, even in beer. We ordered from breworganic.com.

We are using our Kit from Midwest and it is sitting in the second fermentor and will be siphoned to the final bucket on Saturday before being bottled.

My father and I wanted to make this a summer type beer with perhaps a fresh flavor of lemon/orange/lime. Maybe adding something else that you guys would advice (lemon grass, chamomile, etc.)

How should I do this? I read people saying soak your chopped lemon, lime, orange peals in a little vodka a few days to sterilize and then add it to the final fermentation batch. Being a complete beginner, what would you guys suggest? Thanks in advance!

I brew using organic hops and malts, usually, also. As for your Pale Ale from Seven Bridges, I'd brew the kit as is and see if you like it. The lemon/orange/lime you can add to the glass, by throwing in a slice.

yeah we're in the second fermenter, it's 5-6 gallons, not sure whether to use orange, lemon, or lime. And it's been sitting in the secondary fermenter for about a week now.

Thanks for your responses.

Back