Orchard Breezin' Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMarty911

Reaction score
So my wife was out at the LHBS to pick me up a bit of supplies and bought "a great deal". Its a Cru Orchard Breezin Pina Colada wine. Regular 45$ on sale for 20$

It says on the box (working right now so I dont have the instructions) that its ready in 4 weeks. Im not willing to test that.

Any tips/tricks or changes any familiar with this kit share to offer? Im already thinking of increasing the primary/secondary/bottle time significantly.

So my wife was out at the LHBS to pick me up a bit of supplies and bought "a great deal". Its a Cru Orchard Breezin Pina Colada wine. Regular 45$ on sale for 20$

It says on the box (working right now so I dont have the instructions) that its ready in 4 weeks. Im not willing to test that.

Any tips/tricks or changes any familiar with this kit share to offer? Im already thinking of increasing the primary/secondary/bottle time significantly.

No, that kit is a lower alcohol "wine cooler" type of drink. I've had it, as my friend loves those kits and the Island Mist kits as well.

Do the instructions exactly as the sheet says, and it'll be ready in 4 weeks. And it'll be clear, too.

Wine kits are not at all like beer kits in that regard. The kit your wife bought even has a guarantee to be right, if you follow the instructions. Trust me (and I mean, why not trust me? I'm from the internet)- the directions for wine kits work perfectly. I promise.

Good enough for me! I have rules for whom i trust. Family, good friends and Internet gurus with funny names that have a billion posts! Thanks yet again yooper!

Yooper said:
No, that kit is a lower alcohol "wine cooler" type of drink. I've had it, as my friend loves those kits and the Island Mist kits as well.

Do the instructions exactly as the sheet says, and it'll be ready in 4 weeks. And it'll be clear, too.

Wine kits are not at all like beer kits in that regard. The kit your wife bought even has a guarantee to be right, if you follow the instructions. Trust me (and I mean, why not trust me? I'm from the internet)- the directions for wine kits work perfectly. I promise.

+1. The kits are JUST that easy. (Only 8 or 9 % alcohol though) 20$ for a kit is a GREAT price. Lol.

If you want an easy boost in ABV just do 5 gallons instead of 6.

But it won't taste like it should.

No reason to "boost" alcohol in these kits, they are exactly as they are intended to be, a light, refreshing and fruity drink. Not a malt liquor to give to college freshmen co-eds in the hope their inhibitions are lowered.

I have no intention on boosting abv. Just seeing if there are any nifty member proven tips to make it better (if it needs it)

MadMarty911 said:
I have no intention on boosting abv. Just seeing if there are any nifty member proven tips to make it better (if it needs it)

Adding ginger ale when opening a bottle for a 'sparkling wine' twist. (The girls love it, so run that past SWMBO and have her give it the thumbs up for a few bottles)

Latest posts

Back