Opening Day beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iheartbeer81

Reaction score
So, my favorite sport - baseball - starts in a little over 2 months, so I want to have a tasty homebrew ready. I've only made one batch so far (which I'm drinking now) - the IPA kit from Brewer's Best. I need some recommendations. I love all IPA beers (especially Dogfish Head), but are the 60 and 90 minute clones beyond me at this point? Any alternatives, if so? Thank you for any replies!

I always like to have a good session pale ale for Opening Day. Just screams baseball to me. Then again most years Opening Day for me starts with tailgating at either Nationals Park or Camden Yards.

I'll need some good homebrew to get me through the Mets' march towards 78 wins. w00t.

I'm going to rock a nice little APA for opening day now that you mention it, since it HAS to be American and HAS to be very drinkable. :mug:

It has to be a session beer. A lager would be the obvious way to go, but really anything you like that you can drink in high quantities would be the way to go.

i like a cream ale and a pale ale for opening day. have some friends over to watch on the big screen, and you can pretty much make everybody happy. cream for the bmc drinkers, and pale ale for those who like real beer. i just kegged my cream ale yesterday for it. you could do the dfh 60 or 90, but the attention you have to pay during the brew and fermentation, well, you have to decide if it's worth it. i buy it when i want a 6'er of it.

I'll need some good homebrew to get me through the Mets' march towards 78 wins. w00t.

I'm going to rock a nice little APA for opening day now that you mention it, since it HAS to be American and HAS to be very drinkable. :mug:

Ha! Another Mets fan here in the desert. Its gonna be a long year for sure

And Opening Day screams an American Pale

I am going to be brewing a lovely cream ale that I plan on taking to spring training in AZ. Nothing better then chicks in bikinis, baseball, and a brew that I have created. Can not wait!!!

Oh and go Angels!!!

Ha! Another Mets fan here in the desert. Its gonna be a long year for sure

And Opening Day screams an American Pale

Think positively. This season WILL be better than last.

Pulling ANY beer from my kegerator reminds me that any day with Mets baseball is a good day.

DSC04123.JPG

^^^That thing is awesome! Yes another Mets fan. I guess my Brooklyn lager clone from AHS will be my opening day brew.

Think positively. This season WILL be better than last.

Pulling ANY beer from my kegerator reminds me that any day with Mets baseball is a good day.

DSC04123.JPG

That's an awesome kegerator.

The Mets will be terribly mediocre this year, but a plan is in place, so I'm encouraged

Back