Only One Albumn or CD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagooBrew

Reaction score
I propose the following scenerio:
Sometime in the future the goverment hands down that there shall be rations on music. All citizens are only alowed one albumn or Cd. What would yours be? Mine is Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Souls For Rock N Roll

Sent from a dark place in the corner of my mind....

I couldn't do it. Not a chance.

But, I think Pink Floyd The Pulse might be high on my list of considerations.

Along with:

Distant Mirrors - Rhonda Larson
Soup - Euforquestra (new album, Fire, comes out very soon!)
Cargo - Men at Work
The Weird Al Collection (I couldn't pick one album, so it would have to be ALL his songs)

Jeez. I don't know. There is a TON more I could list.

Tough call.

Paul's Boutique - Beastie Boys
At Folsom Prison - Johnny Cash
Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell - Social Distortion

all considerations.

I know you said just 1 but that's a very tough choice and I would go so far as to say cruel and unusual punishment.

Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield, could be volume 1, 2 or 3.

Animals by Pink Floyd would be a very close second, with The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon vying for third choice.

Wow. Half of you mentioned The Wall. I like Pink Floyd but The Wall is kind of depressing isn't it?

Not that there's anything wrong with melancholy music, but a lifetime of only listening to The Wall would drive a person insane.

Man that would a tough decision. Guns N' Roses Appetite For Destruction, Metallica Master Of Puppets or Pantera Vulgar Display Of Power. I could put the names in a hat and draw one.

Marshall Tucker Band, greatest hits (the one from the 70's)

Not because it's the greatest album ever pressed, but because it's the one I wore out on a cross country drive so many years ago.

Excellent travelling music. Excellent trip. Dang, that was back when I was invincible!

Here's my thought process. I'm a metalhead, my favorite album is probably Bal-Sagoth's The Power Cosmic, but I can't see myself listening to one metal album forever. It would just remind me of all the other metal I could no longer listen to and make me sad.

I considered The Doors, but I'd probably get sick of that too. Then I thought either some JS Bach fugues or Indian Sitar music since they're complex enough to be interesting but ambient enough to not drive me crazy.

But I think when it came down to it I would pick the soundtrack to Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii. Does that count as an album?

The essential Jimi Hendrix, vol 1 + 2 (including the bonus track Gloria......on the vinyl edition Gloria was included on a 7" disc)

I propose the following scenerio:
Sometime in the future the goverment hands down that there shall be rations on music. All citizens are only alowed one albumn or Cd. What would yours be? Mine is Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Souls For Rock N Roll

Sent from a dark place in the corner of my mind....

Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks.

Anyone who says otherwise should be sentenced to death. In this scenario, I am the secretary of music and the only acceptable albumn to listen to is this one... Anyone caught listening to anything else will be killed in front of the speakers that they are listening to the music from.

Oh... and only on vinyl. CD's are not allowed by the secretary of music. Violators will be exterminated with extreme predjudice.

I just thought of another that would make it. The Devils Rejects Soundtrack. If you havent seen the movie or heard the soundtrack check it out. A strange but great mixture of music and styles. A word of warning, if you watch the movie you will never listen to Free Bird the same way again!!!

If soundtracks are a choice - I would go for the soundtrack from either the Movie "FM" or "Almost Famous"

Latest posts

Back