Online stores for hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schalk79

Reaction score
I am looking for a few recommended online hop stores. Being in South Africa local availability is an issue.

So far we've been ordering from www.hopsdirect.com

Their prices are good, but they do not have all the varieties we are looking for.
Especially Simcoe, Citra, Warrior, etc.

Preferably we would like to order minimum 1lb of each... At the prices hopsdirect offer $9-$13 / lb

I know.... But I would like to be ready to order when new stock is availabe in the fall...

You could try freshops.com as well. But you have to order at least 2oz of any one hop,& 12oz total. I'm learning that that's a good thing.
I may just start buying 1.5lbs at a time,so I have whatever hops I need when I need it. I'm growing weary of them not having the ones I'm looking for.
I wanted Amarillo myself for my IPA. No Citra,& they never heard of Sorachie Ace. A lot of the hops for IPA's & German style beers were gone. The German Tradition seems to disappear the fastest.

You cant go wrong with Farmhouse.

They have Simcoe, Citra, Sorachi Ace and Warrior in stock. They are out of Amarillo. Try More Beer for those.

In the future when you see a store posted on this forum bookmark it. I have a progression of stores when I am looking for things. Farmhouse is my go to for most hops and grains. Midwest and Northern Brewer are first in line for everything else. After that I have my second tier stores whom I almost never order from unless I can't find what I am looking for anywhere else. AHS, Wholesale Hops, Brewmasters Warehouse, Rebel Brewer, More Beer, Fresh Hops, Hops Direct. Of those I have used More Beer, Brewmasters Warehouse and Wholesale Hops once each.

logan3825 said:
AHS, Wholesale Hops, Brewmasters Warehouse, Rebel Brewer, More Beer, Fresh Hops, Hops Direct. Of those I have used More Beer, Brewmasters Warehouse and Wholesale Hops once each.

How was your experience with Wholesale Hops?

How was your experience with Wholesale Hops?

Good. I got my things pretty quickly. I have with everything I have ever ordered for homebrewing.

The only problem I have ever had with any online orders were with Midwest Supply and Brewmasters Warehouse. Midwest fixed any mistake quickly and at their cost. Brewmaster's Warehouse sent me yeast that was 6 months old. It still made beer though. Just had to make a good starter.

I use hops direct and farmhouse for the majority of my hops and then I go to amazon for the hard to find stuff!

Back