One gallon Lambrusco recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't made wine in decades, but I find that since SWMBO wants to cook with wine again, and being a type 1 diabetic, beer no longer agrees with her. And since we loved splitting a bottle of Lambrusco when we were dating some 39 years ago, I started collecting equipment to make one gallon batches of wine. I haven't been able to find a clone kit for it, so does anyone have a recipe for Lambrusco? :mug:

I've never seen Lambrusco grapes for sale, but there may be some winemaking shops that get them in the fall. The "recipe" is just Lambrusco grapes, crushed and then fermented and pressed. For the sweet finish, it can be sweetened or left dry if desired.

Thanks for the link& help. That was our favorite wine when we were dating! I see they have some others I like as well! It says they have pints too? Have to call about my needs. **Left a msg about possible quantities for one gallon batches.:mug:

The guy from home winery supply just called back & said he could send me the Lambrusco ( or any other) in the 1 pint size for making one gallon. But you have to call for that size, as his website says, @ 734-529-3296. Quick & easy over the phone & will be shipped out today! Haven't made wine in some 30 years! He also said to mix 1 1/2lbs sugar with it. Still have a ton of dextrose on hand for carbonating. :ban:

I tell you, 1 gallon of Lambrusco is not going to last long. One pint of juice doesn't seem nearly enough, especially since he wants you to add 1.5# of sugar to it.

Is this a Kit 'n Kilo wine?

Apparently, the stuff is concentrated by at least 50%? I've added 2C of sugar to a gallon of cider before, bottled it when it was about 85% fermented & let it sit 1 year. Got something close to an asti. Not sure about one pint though? But that's what he said?

OK, the shipment just came in. Here's a couple pics of the wine concentrate, pectic enzyme(?) & wine yeast. Not sure what the enzyme is for?

Back