OMG... What has She DONE?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherpa FE

The < 1% Club
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My SWMBO, wanted to experiment a little.
She took all the left over trub, and fermenting wort from the following beers; DF Head 60, DF Head 60 variation batch, Hefe Weizen, and a EF Porter, and mixed them all together, just to see what it will taste like, she wants me to bottle it, in a week.
It was the leftover stuff that I had in the primary when I transfered them to the secondary, so there is about a 6 pack at least.

She is calling it HER beer, can She even call it that if I brewed it?
Oh well, at least She is taking an interest...She even goes and checks on it daily.

Well god bless her...as long as it wasn't infected or aerated, or being oxidized in a lax secondary?? it might work out. I think the key here is to let it age and cold condition plenty.

I truly admire the resourcefulness.

Drink it, smile and say how bout this time you try and brew your own batch. If you can get her addicted, it will be that much easier to convince her of all the goodies you "need" to buy!

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
When you first met her, she wasn't by any chance the girl doing shots from the spill mat in a bar in Mexico?
:D

Errrp!

this line added because the message I've entered is too short to post.

Truly! BE happy that she's interested! My wife hates the smell of brewing wort and never drinks beer. This does kinda limit the amount I can brew (which may be a good thing, right?...)

~M~

Maybe you can scape the burnt crap off the bottom of the pots and pans along with a little bacon grease and soup sludge and make your own casserole.

MMmmmmm... dog food casserole to go with the compost beer.

the_bird said:
You told her that bocks really AREN'T made from the dregs of the fermenters, right?

No..I didnt want to ruin ot for her, she seemd so happy giggling her little evil laugh, pouring and mixing, with that evil look on her face.
She is planning on giving it to her Dad, as a pay back for all the HomeBrew that he has tried making in the past that turns out absolutely horrible. She is going to bottle it and give it to him. Sure am glad she is on MY side...LOL

Well, I figured I would post the results of the franken beer.
It actually turned out pretty good...no real way to describe the beer...just different. Some other people have tried it and liked it better than what they were drinking.

Anyways, I told her I would post the results. So there you have it, take all that stuff, throw it together and bottle it...wont hurt ya at all.

:tank:

Latest posts

Back