Omegalux Temperature controller (wolf in sheep clothing)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floydsview

Reaction score
My STC-1000 controller died before I ever used it. In lurking around eBay I ran across a Omegalux Temperature controller (Model CN-TOT-175JF-120V). In looking at their web site it is only for heating with a 5 degree differential set point, 15 amps and J type thermocouple.
The picture of the controller in the Omegalux sure looked like a LOVE TCS controller. On a chance I bid and paid $35 for the Omegalux. It showed up this week. Per the LOVE operating instructions I held down the set key for 8 seconds. Yelp it booted into the code protected parameters. Now I can program heating or cooling with a 1 degree differential, change probe types, min stop times and alarms.
I have no idea why Omega does not advertise (or provide instructions) for the real controller options.
Granted not the most sophisticated controller but for $35 it was a great deal.
So if you run across one cheap it is worth picking up.

temp control.jpg

Where did you find the directions to reprogram this controller? I have the same one, but can't seem to figure anything out. When I hold set for 8 sec, I just get a number between 1 and 255.

I have no idea why Omega does not advertise (or provide instructions) for the real controller options.
Granted not the most sophisticated controller but for $35 it was a great deal.

Yes it a great deal for $35. But on Omega's site they sell it for $239.

Back