Omega Probrew strains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brought home a pack of British Ale I yesterday--I went to NB looking for WLP007, but they were out. They suggested this as a replacement. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there, so I'm not entirely sure what to expect. I'll be using it in a porter sometime later this week.

I brought home a pack of British Ale I yesterday--I went to NB looking for WLP007, but they were out. They suggested this as a replacement. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there, so I'm not entirely sure what to expect. I'll be using it in a porter sometime later this week.

Cool keep us updated!.

I would like to try HotHead Ale OYL-057, i only read really good comments about this yeast.

how was the ipa with Hothead? I am intrigued

Delicious. The yeast inherently contributes a lot of citrus, which either reinforces traditional American hops or makes up for their absence if you're focusing on NZ/AUS hops. I didn't use any temp control, fermentation got up to the high 70s, and finished very clean.

Back