Olde Fashioned Raspberry -

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingPin

Reaction score
So I just did up a batch of old fashioned style Raspberry soda. i made about 14L with around 8 Cups of sugar ......... this batch was a huge batch IMO but hey its okay. I carbonated with champagne yeast and bottled between PETN bottles and 10 flip tops.

I noticed that it took quite a while to get the plastic bottles firm to the touch (nearly 1 week) but that is probably due to the fact that I keep a lower home temperature and I may not have added nearly enough yeast to my batch for proper yeast growth ??

Anyway chilled a flip top today and got that satisfying POP, nice small bubbles and a fruity smell from the drink.....but the taste - it was like cough syrup; by that I mean I had a raspberry flavor but not that sugar kick that I like. I thought I had added plenty of sugar for the batch (the pre mix tasted great).

Anyway my guess is is I let it sit too long and let the yeast eat too much of the sugar or maybe just not enough sugar to start.

I'm pretty happy and so far I don't feel buzzed off my first bottle (which I guess is a good thing in this case).

You've always go great suggestions. I'll hit it up with some lemon juice. My main concern was that I let the bottles sit too long and increased the alcohol content Which in my case would not be welcome or ideal.

Latest posts

Back