Old TV shows - would you watch them today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schneemann

Reaction score
Websites like Hulu and Joost are now carrying full episodes of old TV shows like the Andy Griffith show and Bewitched.

Personally, I think it is a great that these old shows are available for people to see.

So here's the question: Would you still watch these shows if you could?

I DVR Gomer Pyle, Andy Griffith, Star Trek, Get SMart and all kinds of old classics.

The SWMBO is addicted to I Love Lucy on Sunday mornings after Meet the Press.

I find myself getting sucked into TVLand- Bonanza, Gunsmoke, I Love Lucy, Gomer Pyle, Green Acres, Get Smart.

Great stuff. :rockin:

I've watched some Knight Rider and Airwolf in the last few months. I do enjoy the older shows like Hogan's Heroes as well when I catch them.

When I happen to catch one on the TV set, I always do settle myself into the classic programs. Anyone remember the ORIGINAL Dr Who? :rockin:

Funny thing is, I think a lot of people like these old shows. But there is no way in hell anyone could sell something like Beverly Hillbillies or Gilligan's Island to the networks today.

I've gotten my kids hooked on old TV shows that I loved. I use my Netflix account to line them up and will have a couple of series running at a time. We watch so little new stuff my kids are out of the loop with thier peers.:ban:

We have completed (in no particular order):
Airwold
MASH
Little House on the Prairie
The Waltons
McHales Navy
Hogans Heros
MacGuyver
Daniel Boone (my absolute all-time favorite)
Quantum Leap
Star Trek: The Original series (and all the other too, but they're not too old)
Battlestar Gallactica (The original)
Qunicy, ME
Tour of Duty

Started:
Fall Guy
Rat Patrol
Combat
Leave it to Beaver
Baa Baa Black Sheep

On the list:
Gilligans Island
Adam-12
McCloud
Starsky and Hutch
Charlie's Angles
Get Smart
Magnum PI
Barney Miller
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Muppet Show
Buck Roger in the 25th Century
etc.....

I own Greatest American Hero on DVD.

I used to watch that show all the time. I have no idea why, though, because I hated it and thought it was the dumbest show ever, but for some reason I made sure I watched it. Maybe it was just because I wanted to see him crash into things.

Ah yes, Cool guns, lots of bullets, no one ever died.

key_art_the_a_team.jpg

I can't keep up with the old stuff. I download and rip them to my Ipod Touch and watch them while working out. Treadmill, Elliptical. Funny as He... Takes a bit of effort to Download, convert,load to Ipod. but worth it.

Cheers
WKRP
Get Smart
Newhart
Green Acres
Friends (1st Episodes, Hot Chicks)

I can't keep up with the old stuff. I download and rip them to my Ipod Touch and watch them while working out. Treadmill, Elliptical. Funny as He... Takes a bit of effort to Download, convert,load to Ipod. but worth it.

Cheers
WKRP
Get Smart
Newhart
Green Acres
Friends (1st Episodes, Hot Chicks)

What do you use to download them?

I use Graboid. I'm not sure how Graboid works, it must be some kind of Peer to Peer deal. But as a user you don't share. Somehow they must have servers that have everything on them. Like I say IDK. They have a free access with limited download bandwidth. And also pay per month, starting at 5 bucks a month and going up depending on how much you want to download. They have "most" of the stuff I look for, and so far never a virus or spyware from any download. Worth checking out.

After download I can either play it on my computer or convert for my Ipod with free software. I use one called "Super @". Strange name but it is free and works great.

The Turkey is episode is one of the best.

I forgot

Northern Exposure Beautiful country scenes

Yes I wish I could find somewhere to watch Cheers. I cannot find anywhere online to watch these. z

Some of the old cartoons, maybe. I don't do videos much, although I did spend most of a hour watching bits from Monty Python shows last night.

Back