Old tap lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slickfish

Reaction score
As anyone ever found old tap line to be the source of an off flavor? I just replaced my 3 year old lines in an attempt to find the problem and it seems like that was it. Any others with a similar experience or am I imagining it?

My tap lines are coming up on a year and it seems that they are starting to notice off flavors from the tap. I plan on replacing the lines and cleaning the tap about once a year. The lines are cheaper than wasting 5 gallons of homebrew.

My tap lines are coming up on a year and it seems that they are starting to notice off flavors from the tap. I plan on replacing the lines and cleaning the tap about once a year. The lines are cheaper than wasting 5 gallons of homebrew.

Ummm... you should be cleaning your tap and lines much more frequently then once a year. That could be why you are experiencing off flavors.

I have cleaned the lines regularly but lately the off flavor persists after cleaning. That's why I changed the tubing. I picked up 100 feet of bevlex for 60 bucks.

I have cleaned the lines regularly but lately the off flavor persists after cleaning. That's why I changed the tubing. I picked up 100 feet of bevlex for 60 bucks.

I'm changing my lines this week myself. They aren't "bad", but I noticed that the BLC isn't doing the job as well as before and beer line is relatively cheap.

Back