Old Skool Head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BudTinHat

Bud Tin Foil Hat
Reaction score
Hi all. Home brewer for nearly 50 years. Made wine but not made beer for many years. Just got a brew in last week. A Coopers Porter. Going into the barrel probably this Friday. Looks like a good site here...

No. Either used premium kits or malt extract. Never been a massive beer fan. Made lots of wine. For a while now, I've been enjoying stouts and porters and nice to see younger people are drinking real ales.

Welcome, I too was into wine for years prior to learning about craft beer. 29 yrs later and I haven't made wine since. You have found a wealth of brewing information here. Have fun with it, to me that's what it's all about.

Been trying to find the name of the kits I used without luck. At the time there was a thing also advertised on TV called Thwaites beer at home wherein it was delivered to your door.

The liquid malt extract was going long before that and the dried hops were readily available.

Back