Okay to bottle 1.036 RIS?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtswkd

Reaction score
I made this RIS on 3/2/13 and transferred into my secondary. I took a sample and it was at 1.036. Will this go any further down or will it be okay to bottle?
Planned on aging in the bottle and bottling soon, just put it into secondary to free up a primary.

I Mashed at 151 F and had a SG of 1.101. I pitched 2 packets of US-05 at fermented at 67 F for 7 days then it sat at 71 F for 3 weeks in my pantry. Tried the Hydro sample and it tasted awesome, not hot or overly roasty at all. Really well balanced.

I am thrilled at how it tastes, just want to make sure this will be okay to bottle and store until this fall. Phoenix is way to hot to be drinking something this heavy in the summer!

sounds good, I bottled it today after priming with 2.7 oz of sugar. I can't wait for 2-4 months from now. It already tasted amazing so I don't think it will have to age as long as some I've seen on here.

Back