Okay So I screwed my Cider up, now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolinaeasy

Reaction score
I brewed a cider using the Wyeast Cider Yeast (never again!). The fg ended up at 1.000 which means I took it too dry for my tastes. I had a busy weekend and didn't check it for a few days and missed my target gravity of 1.005 but none the less, here I am with a cider in a corny keg underpressure and in the fridge but way too dry. I already added two cans of apple juice concentrate, still not much of a difference. What grocery store suggestions do you guys have to sweeten this up a tad bit.

Also the yeast left the well described bitter taste in the cider. I did not care for it, next time I will try something else that ckville has rec'd.

The best sweetener to use depends on what is missing from the fermented cider. Cane and corn sugar, juice, concentrate, agave can all work, as can non-fermentables. Best thing to do is pour some 4oz samples, figure out what it needs using small measures of sugar and then scale up to the keg

Back