oh to foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fshnne1

Reaction score
well here is my situation, I have to corneys full one is a rasp cream stout the other is a apple nut brown, when I originally tapped them and forced carbed. everything was good, now they are both about half full alls i can get from either is foam, I have tried to switch the taps, lower pressure at the co2 tank (2 pounds) and worked my way up

set up

5 pound co2 tank
7 foot beer out lines
2 through door taps (2 foot above the kegs)

used anywhere from 2 pounds to 14 pounds

beer tastes as though it is overcarbed

any ideas:confused: :eek:

Did you vent the kegs after you lowered the pressure? Sometimes the obvious can be overlooked. I had this problem, too -- and it took a while for the dissolved CO2 to come out of solution and re-equilibrate at the lower pressure, even after venting. The effect is also greater on a full keg since there is little 'headspace' in the keg to accept the CO2 coming out of solution.

fshnne1 said:
yes I did vent the kegs

Sorry, I should have asked if you vented multiple times? It can take a while to lower the pressure on a full keg if it had a lot of CO2 dissolved in the beer.

Also, what diameter of hose are you using to connect from the kegs to your taps?

1/4 id 1/2 od off the top of my head, I would have to check when I get home tohight I forget

3/16 id is the normal stuff for beer line. It's what I use. I usually get the first glass of foam, but every glass immediately thereafter is fine.

I have serve multi beers from this setup takes a couple beers to get it balance ussually this time I just cant get it

Back