oh my god it tastes good. first time brewing. bb's nutbrown ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgilmour

Reaction score
Couldn't wait any longer and had to crack one of these nutbrown ales open after 5 days, heard a slight hiss and it was good... still needs some conditioning and time to get carbonated tho!!!

In case you saw my other threads, I couldnt get the FG down to where it needed to be (~1.016 and min was at 1.02) so I was a bit scared about bottling. Tastes pretty damn good tho.

I get a hit of banana in it right now which is probably due to the fact that I didn't have a thermometer at the time, and when it was fermenting it got up to like 78-80 a couple times.... Still tastes a hell of a lot better then some beers I have got at the bar tho!

I used the brewers best extract kit in case anyone was wondering...

and a pic can be seen here: http://imgur.com/dHSDl

Thank you all for your help! I am officially hooked and awaiting my batch to arrive on Monday. An australian light ale from midwest brewer, which I think I may add some mixed berries to in the secondary! :fro:

An australian light ale from midwest brewer.

I think I may add some mixed berries to it in the secondary as well to give it some more fruity flavor.

I also have an irish stout kit that just needs yeast, which I ordered also. Both items should be here monday.... Lets just hope I can gather enough bottles by then :p

Latest posts

Back