og not close

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamoman

Reaction score
I brewed some Dunkelwiezen from true brew. Before I pitched the yeast my reading was 10.32. Instructions say I should be between 10.49--10.53. Do I worry about this? What could I have did wrong? What can you do to fix this before pitching? Thx in advance for your help

Extract or AG. If extract, I'd just go with it. It is hard to miss the OG, assuming you used the correct amount of top off water......and how well it was stirred.

Extract ...and instead of doing a secondary I went straight to the carboy and plan on leaving it in there for 3-4 weeks. I used a 6 gallon carboy and kinda eyeballed it for 5 gallon fill.. And stirred not well I'm sure, my long spoon wouldn't fit so I shook it a bit till the yeast started dropping to the bottom

Revvy said:
Your answer is in this thread.

I like the last part, relax and do nothing. This makes sense about the top off water. I never thought of that, I'm gonna learn something new everyday I see...thx for that link. Explains everything. I searched " og not close " and got zero found...thx again all

Latest posts

Back