Official Untappd Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the hell out of Untappd

My request for now is simple (but maybe not) each Black Tuesday uses a different label die but on Untappd it's all the same one (I thinks it's the 2011 label) can it be matched like Darkness?
I couldn't find images for 2010 or 2011. If you have one, forward it on.

To be fair, I really only friend people I know in person. Shteiven has a request that I'm just sitting on because I'm a pooface about it.
the_civil_war_by_kanaru92-d3f7fin.jpg

I don't know if this is just with my phone or it is a problem with the app itself, but ever since the new IOS update for the iPhone my pictures have a black sidebar on the right hand side. The only time the bar disappears is when I take a photo within the app itself or I use a photo that was taken in Instagram and has a filter on it (the black bar still appears if the photo doesn't have a filter on it). Does this happen to anyone else?

Example:
10526330006_6507acba7e_o.png

I don't know if this is just with my phone or it is a problem with the app itself, but ever since the new IOS update for the iPhone my pictures have a black sidebar on the right hand side. The only time the bar disappears is when I take a photo within the app itself or I use a photo that was taken in Instagram and has a filter on it (the black bar still appears if the photo doesn't have a filter on it). Does this happen to anyone else?

Example:
10526330006_6507acba7e_o.png
I haven't heard of it, you should post it to the help thingie.

Samsung Galaxy S3. Not sensitive on any other apps or sites. Just strange.
I have the same phone and it just acts weird in general. Touch targets will be off, typing doesn't auto-space, it lags and crashes all the time.

I have the same phone and it just acts weird in general. Touch targets will be off, typing doesn't auto-space, it lags and crashes all the time.
That's what I've heard. Supposedly things will be getting better once you're on Android 4.4 in general, as they're making a switch in some base architecture thingie.

What's weird is mine used to do all that, and miraculously stopped. Of course now that I mentioned it it'll be worse than ever.

What's weird is mine used to do all that, and miraculously stopped. Of course now that I mentioned it it'll be worse than ever.
This is totally unrelated, but I was just reading about Stanford's OL, and our center is named Khalil Wilkes, or KWilk. Seeing you reply to this thread made me double-take.

This is totally unrelated, but I was just reading about Stanford's OL, and our center is named Khalil Wilkes, or KWilk. Seeing you reply to this thread made me double-take.
I literally came onto BT to ask an untappd question about ratings. Found this on Untappd thanks to your thread.
Go to bold at bottom if TLDR.

JulianB because you do this.
$avg_num_ratings // Average number of ratings in all beers (split for commercial vs homebrew) $avg_rating // Average rating for all beers (split for commercial vs home-brew) $this_num_rating // Number of votes for the beer in question $this_rating // Pure Average Rating for the beer in Question

$bayesian_rating = ( ($avg_num_ratings * $avg_rating) + ($this_num_rating * this_rating) ) / ($avg_num_ratings + $this_num_rating);

I'll rephrase it
Ntot // Average number of ratings in all beers (split for commercial vs homebrew)
Ra // Average rating for all beers (split for commercial vs home-brew)
N // Number of votes for the beer in question
R // Pure Average Rating for the beer in Question

$bayesian_rating = ( (Ntot* Ra) + (N * R) ) / (Ntot + N);

So even if a beer has ten 4.5 reviews (average) it'd come in at:
((100*3.5)+(10*4.5))/(100+10) = 3.59

And I'm seeing almost literally the following for Real Ale Benedictum (in the formula).
((40*3.5)+(6*4.2))/(40+6) = 3.59
One could say this implies the average number of ratings per beer is around 40.

Anyway, what I really came on here for was to make sure that check-ins without ratings don't hurt a beer. They don't seem to but a confirmation would be great. Any input is appreciated.
Cheers!

Tangential majority of post brought to you by a bomber of barleywine Intihared and me loosing weight despite at least 500 Cal/week of beer on top of foods.

Anyway, what I really came on here for was to make sure that check-ins without ratings don't hurt a beer. They don't seem to but a confirmation would be great. Any input is appreciated.
Cheers!

Tangential majority of post brought to you by a bomber of barleywine Intihared and me loosing weight despite at least 500 Cal/week of beer on top of foods.
If they do it's a mistake. They are really not supposed to. I can't guarantee that they don't because I haven't ran the numbers from scratch and really don't feel like attempting it, but I'm reasonably sure they haven't ****ed that up.

If they do it's a mistake. They are really not supposed to. I can't guarantee that they don't because I haven't ran the numbers from scratch and really don't feel like attempting it, but I'm reasonably sure they haven't ****ed that up.
I noticed while fapping the other night that Loerik had a decent amount of non-rated check ins and not a whole lot of check ins overall, maybe something to check there if you are ever bored and have spare time?

I noticed while fapping the other night that Loerik had a decent amount of non-rated check ins and not a whole lot of check ins overall, maybe something to check there if you are ever bored and have spare time?
The issue there is that I need to know the site's average beer rating, which is used in the Bayesian formula. So I need you to go back and fap to other rare beer and find another one with few check-ins and a decent amount of no-ratings.

EDIT: Oh also the average number of ratings, as pointed out above.

The issue there is that I need to know the site's average beer rating, which is used in the Bayesian formula. So I need you to go back and fap to other rare beer and find another one with few check-ins and a decent amount of no-ratings.
Oh, **** that, way too lazy.

Sorry. ;)

stupac2
Oftentimes when I try checking in a beer on my HTC X android, and try adding a location to the check-in (a location in the database), the app will freeze and exit. Is this a known problem? It happens about 40% of the time.
I think it might be a foursquare problem.

stupac2
Oftentimes when I try checking in a beer on my HTC X android, and try adding a location to the check-in (a location in the database), the app will freeze and exit. Is this a known problem? It happens about 40% of the time.
I think it might be a foursquare problem.
Nothing I'm aware of. Ask in the support forum.

It appears they also deleted by Bourbon County Affogatto, which was Rare over BCBCS ice cream at an official Goose Island event. Shameful deletion.
Everything like that is going to get deleted. I'm actually surprised at how much Bourbon County garbage is in there, there are a number of mods from Illinois who should know this stuff.

Back