Off topic - SodaStream trouble

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsmith1625

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a SodaStream One Touch which I used for about a year and a half without any issues. I even fill the CO2 cylinder with an adapter I purchased on Amazon. A few months ago I started having issues with the cylinder unscrewing itself while making seltzer. I contacted SodaStream support and they had me make a video of the problem so they could evaluate it. Once they saw the problem they sent me a replacement unit. Unfortunately the new unit is doing the same thing. I tried another CO2 cylinder to rule that out and it does the same thing. Has anyone else had this problem and possibly know how to fix it? I loved the machine before it started doing this.

I used to fill my own cylinders, but it became a pain and wasn't great if the donor cylinder wasn't full. I ended up going with the adapter kit to use a large co2 tank that I dedicate to the soda stream.
That may solve your issue by throwing money at it.

To me it sounds like a design flaw or bad QC on soda stream's part.

I considered hooking directly to a 5# tank but my wife doesn't want that in the kitchen. I have a carb cap and can make carbonated water without the SodaStream, but shaking the bottles gives me a headache.

To me it sounds like a design flaw or bad QC on soda stream's part.
I think the replacement unit they sent me was refurbished so it may still have problems with it. I'll try replacing the washer or o-ring where the CO2 cylinder connects to see if that helps. I don't have any that size so I'll need to hit the hardware store and see what they got.

The issue isn't with the cylinders but with the machine. The screws on the bottom of the cylinder unscrew themselves when the pressure is too high. There is likely a crack or other damage on the plastic ring that is attached to the bottom of the cylinder. You need to repair this with new plastic and glue. I suggest you do an internet search for something like "Plastic repair SodaStream One Touch" to look for tutorials.

The issue isn't with the cylinders but with the machine. The screws on the bottom of the cylinder unscrew themselves when the pressure is too high. There is likely a crack or other damage on the plastic ring that is attached to the bottom of the cylinder. You need to repair this with new plastic and glue. I suggest you do an internet search for something like "Plastic repair SodaStream One Touch" to look for tutorials.
Awesome, I'll check it out.

Latest posts

Back