Off to D.C.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beesy

Reaction score
Well,

Work has me heading to DC this week for a few days and wondering what beer spots I "need" to hit up. I will be staying downtown, near the White House., but willing to travel around town.

Thanks for the 411.

"The BrickSkeller" for beers but the following resturants have a "good" selection of beers focused on their target geography.

"Founding Farmers" for awesome food and great upscale professional atmosphere. Organic Beers and foods.

"Aroma" for incredible Indian food. Good indian beers.

"Spices" for great pan-asian food. The usual asian beers.

"Mama-Aisha" for Lebanese-ish. You can find some unusual drinks here.

"The White House" for a sit down with the Pres... order any beer you like.

I drank at the following joints:

Local 16
Capital City Brewing (several times)
Old Dominion Brewing
RFD Washington, not to be mistaken for RDF.
Max's (Baltimore)
Betha's (Baltimore)

and drank the following beers I can't readily get in Ohio:

Capital City Brewing (CCB) Pale Rider Ale
CCB Kolsch (very tasty)
CCB Amber Waves
CCB Blackberry
CCB Orgain Wit
CCB Imperial Stout
Old Dominion Pale Ale
Aviator Amber Lager
Delirium Tremens - CAN get in ohio
21st Amendment WaterMelon Ale
21st Amendment IPA
Brewers Art Ruination
Bertha's Best Bitter (can you say...AWESOME!!)

It's RFD, not RDF. RFD is right down the street from the Verizon Center. The Brickskeller is in DuPont Circle. Other than that the beer selection in DC is very lacking.

It's RFD, not RDF. RFD is right down the street from the Verizon Center. The Brickskeller is in DuPont Circle. Other than that the beer selection in DC is very lacking.

Corrected order or acronym (heaven forbid???) and corrected for beer can get in Ohio. Jeez, some people are so sensitive.

Capitol City Brewry places are great. They had a brew on tap called FUEL, that was the best beer I have ever had! Well that I had in DC at least. I didnt try it until the last day I was there, if I would have found out about it first I would have ate two meals a day there.

Back