Off the wall score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northernlad

Reaction score
So there I was at work trying to keep up with all the people that wanted answers from me when our warehouse guy, who was on the roof of the building, called down to tell me that it looks like there is a keg in a garbage can hid behind our building. Long story short I have a Coors keg currently residing in the back of my truck.

Now, I am torn over what to do with it.
Take it back to the distributor?
Make a BK out of it?
Trade perhaps for a corny or two?

Discuss

Just by posting it here, you know what response you are going to get.

A bunch of people likely flaming you for even considering keeping it.

Now that you've broached the topic my advice is to attempt to return it. If they don't take it back then.....

Keep it... for sure, if its sketchy at all make it into a kettle. win/win

I work for Coors. I'll PM you my address and you can ship it to me C.O.D.

Thanks for finding it for us.

I would be a little hypocritical if I did not make an effort to return it so I sent the local distributor an email to ask what they want me to do with it...

I did the same when two full deer park water bottles mistanke Lu ended at my doorstep the day before brew day. Called to have them pick them up. They never came and I got yelled at by my condo association. Took them in and brewed. Sold the containers a week layer. Hope you can be so lucky while trying to do the right thing!

They'll tell you to return the keg and refuse to refund the deposit. If they'd return the deposit then the right thing to do would be to return the keg...

I know what I'd do....

I am going to wait to see if they respond to my email. The nearest Coors Distro is half an hour south and I get that way about once every 2 months.

I'd say if it was in the garbage it wasn't wanted anymore, one mans trash is another mans treasure....Keep It.

Still waiting for a response from the distro. If not, a guy at one of our other stores has a plasma cutter and a hole saw...
Plus it fits exactly onto my burner.

Keep it no doubt, in the trash its fair game. If you found it behind a bar or something like that that is a different story...I would have it cut up and ready to use already!

Still waiting for a response from the distro. If not, a guy at one of our other stores has a plasma cutter and a hole saw...
Plus it fits exactly onto my burner.

If that's not a sign from above that it is meant to be yours, I don't know what is. :rockin:

I found an old keg floating in the river once. No one would touch the gorramn thing. I tried returning it to the liquor store where it had been bought (it had a sticker on it) AND called a distributor, but nobody wanted it. Sadly, this was before my brewing days so I gave it to a friend of mine who cut it half and made a grill out of it. Still a respectable use in my opinion. :)

From what I hear they tell you to keep it. If they are willing to pay for shipping/gas/any expense related to returning it then that's one thing, but they are not. So you will likely keep it and have a new kettle

So I got the keggle back from the guy who cut it for me. When I talked to him he said he had a drill for the valve hole but he ended up cutting the hole with his plasma cutter:confused:-I am sure you can imagine how that turned out. So, I have a jagged hole that is a little too big. it goes together but leaks about one drop every two minutes and I can't get it to stop.
Can I use the bulkhead from my weldless fitting and have somebody weld it in to solve my problem? Or is one tiny drop every once in awhile ok?

I'm sure it would be ok and you can brew beer with it. If it was me I would have someone weld a fitting it because watching it drip would annoy the **** out of me.

I'm sure it would be ok and you can brew beer with it. If it was me I would have someone weld a fitting it because watching it drip would annoy the **** out of me.

I am sure the drip would evaporate from the heat before I even saw it. I thing I'll give it a try for a while.

Got tired of trying to make the messed up hole work. Went to a local fab shop and had it welded in nicely for $15.
Also got a 54qt cooler. Can't wait for my first 10 gallon batch!

Back