odd brewing habits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swackattack

Reaction score
Does anyone else have any odd brewing habits? Ill start

I go to the gym during the mash and watch a movie while boiling/cooling

Since this was my first AG yesterday this may not be a habit, but I see it becoming one. I kept finding myself reaching into the bucket of unmilled 2-row for something to chew on throughout the brew session. I am addicted to chewing grains.

Hello. I am DrunkleJon, and I am a grain-aholic.

CBMbrewer said:
I drink homebrew :D

That's a MUST! I drink up what's left of my last batch, if there is any! Between batches I drink some Sam to build up the bottle supply. Drinking Homebrew while brewing is a time-honored tradition!

I get a long run in before the brew starts and I find a great brew that takes alot of time to sip and tastes good warm if I forget about it like Yeti, Rodenbach, Duchess de Bourgonge, etc..

I always wake up later than intended, start brewing at lunch instead of 7-8 AM as intended, and then realize that I had another commitment that I wind up skipping because the brew day lasts longer than planned. Always.

image-1735107354.jpg

I drink beer.

I'm usually barefoot, and then remember I meant to wear shoes so I find socks. Then I spill some water, and then I spill some wort. Then my socks are wet and sticky. For an hour. So I take them off and go barefoot.

This happens every single brew day, at least 26 times a year but most often more like 35 times per year.

I need brewing clogs. That's what I need.

I play pickup basketball during the mash. And pray that I dont come home to empty kettle, sticky garage floor, and pumps whining from running dry for 1 1/2 hours. Every time, Im worried.

Oh and crack a beer as soon as the boil is done and chilling is started. Never earlier.

I have a beer prayer I post on fb every brew day before I start, in order to get a quality wort and receive the successful fermentation blessing

I also listen to beer podcast during my brewday

I always wake up later than intended, start brewing at lunch instead of 7-8 AM as intended, and then realize that I had another commitment that I wind up skipping because the brew day lasts longer than planned. Always.

This. I've had a few 6pm-6am double headers when I really procrastinated.

Back