Oct 14th is coming up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol...doesn’t that mean it is always the same age as you?

I have a big Kona wave blonde clone, a crisp kolsch, and a hazy DIPA on tap. I also have a French saison in the fermentor but she’s not gonna be ready in time.

You are old...A crazy old man at that...

just getting to old to still worry about talking about hings i don't know why i can't talk about.......the reasons for it i have to assume are there, but never sufficiently explained to me....

so i live life like it's just one big joke on me! labor day may be my birthday, but oct 14th is when my eyes opened! :mug:

We need to get you in front of a camera or mic...what an interesting character you are brother!

ask the neighbor's i talk to myself so much, i assume they here me talking smack about the drug dealers......have down play it for fear of death squads, but that's why i like homebrew, i can talk smack about InBev with no fear!!! i might never win a blue ribon but, god damn it it's nice to be on equal footing with an international drug cartel! (and even be able to have 'friends' who talk smack about them too! ;) :mug:)

I'll be enjoying some of my kveik lager on the 14th for sure. :bigmug:

is that the warm fermeneted lager thread, or the cold fermented kviek thread? lol

is that the warm fermeneted lager thread said:
Well, I'm thinking kviek would be more of a warm fermented sort of thing. If I'm remembering correctly (need to find where I put my notes) I cooled the wort to about 72F and pitched one packet of Omega Lutra kviek. When I checked on it the next morning, the airlock was already sounding like a machine gun. It does seem to be a little slow carbonating in bottles though. If I had the set right now to keg my beer, I'd brew up another batch and see how it does after force carbonating.

is that the warm fermeneted lager thread, or the cold fermented kviek thread? lol

Well, I'm thinking kviek would be more of a warm fermented sort of thing. If I'm remembering correctly (need to find where I put my notes) I cooled the wort to about 72F and pitched one packet of Omega Lutra kviek. When I checked on it the next morning, the airlock was already sounding like a machine gun. It does seem to be a little slow carbonating in bottles though. If I had the set right now to keg my beer, I'd brew up another batch and see how it does after force carbonating.

cooled the wort to about 72F and pitched one packet of Omega Lutra kviek.

well, that does sound cool from what i've seen of kviek.....only reason i got into lagers is because my house stayed at a chilly 50f, and i couldn't ferment without it.....

maybe if you repitch enough....you'll have a lager yeast for the saharah.......i'm using S. Baynus......

hmmm, i was going to try and get a google translate for "hot to cold" in latin but all i got was this in english..."they are excellent quality and very sexy!"

so i think you got a great date planed for the 14th!

so i think you got a great date planed for the 14th!
For sure! Already trying to figure out what I want to brew for my next batch. Been browsing the Warm Fermented Lager thread quite a bit lately. I'm thinking I might try to brew a Pilsner with some 34/70 at ambient temperature. Either that or get my hands on some California lager yeast.

For sure! Already trying to figure out what I want to brew for my next batch. Been browsing the Warm Fermented Lager thread quite a bit lately. I'm thinking I might try to brew a Pilsner with some 34/70 at ambient temperature. Either that or get my hands on some California lager yeast.

everyone tells me i'm stupid for using wine yeast.....as far as i can tell, it just makes the beer a little watery....i mean, i've been fermenting to 1.000 or less for years, but with the wine yeast it's actually kinda watery....i'm hoping with some repitches, it'll bolden up.....or maybe some more stouts/porters would be better.....

everyone tells me i'm stupid for using wine yeast.....as far as i can tell, it just makes the beer a little watery....i mean, i've been fermenting to 1.000 or less for years, but with the wine yeast it's actually kinda watery....i'm hoping with some repitches, it'll bolden up.....or maybe some more stouts/porters would be better.....
Well, you know what they say....rules are meant to be broken. :rock:

I've got a stout I just kegged today, and an IPA that I'll keg tomorrow, that should both be ready to tap on Wednesday. I'll toss back a few for ya, old man. BTW I was already 11 when the great Mr Carter signed that legislation...whippersnapper!

and an IPA that I'll keg tomorrow,

I plan on waking up and having oat meal! with some apple juice! :D

I was already 11 when the great Mr Carter signed that legislation

i would have hoped you would have had your first batch under your belt by 14 then, and i bought my first pack of cigarettes 'myself' when i was 7-8 years old...wait was that you? lol :mug:

Back